ABREUVEUR ET FONTAINES
The fontaine has a door which was probably fitted to stop animals drinking from the people's water supply. The abreuveur has two drinking troughs and is fed from the well. The water is constantly running and therefore remains clear. Surplus water flows down to Saint's bay. An abreuveur has existed on this site since before 1800.
This is one of more than 30 abreuveurs within the Parish of St. Martin. They are looked after by volunteers and the Parish douzaine.
Fontaine = Spring/Well. Abreuveur = Cattle watering place.'
And a shot of Saints bay itself.